Middle school students have reading interests that run the gamut from Diary of a Wimpy Kid to Twilight. Sometimes as a parent it is hard to know what is age appropriate for your child. Through this blog, I will try to help parents make informed decisions about what is available in our library. I am hoping that this blog will be a resource for our parents, and that we can all work together to make our students life-long readers!



Monday, October 28, 2013

Keturah and Lord Death

Keturah and Lord Death
by Martine Leavitt
From the publisher:
"I will tell you a story of magic and love, of daring and death, and one to comfort your heart. It will be the truest story I have ever told. Now listen, and tell me if it is not so.

Keturah follows a legendary hart deep into the forest, where she becomes hopelessly lost. Her strength diminishes until, finally, she realizes that death is near--and learns then that death is a young lord, melancholy and stern. Renowned for her storytelling, Keturah is able to charm Lord Death with a story and gain a reprieve--but he grants her only a day, and within that day she must find true love. Martine Leavitt offers a spellbinding story, interweaving elements of classic fantasy and romance."


This was a beautiful, haunting book, but for some reason it didn't reach out and grab me. I still have to go with Chime as my favorite in the beautiful, haunting category. I'm not sure how I feel about the ending, it felt kind of forced and I wasn't really getting "true love" out of it. But it was a quick, entertaining read and I'm glad I finally got around to reading it.

Areas of concern:  A clean read.

No comments:

Post a Comment